Rocket League has survived the apocalypse! Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today that its previously-confirmed “Chaos Run” DLC is available starting now, on both the PlayStationNetwork and Steam PC for $3.99 USD (or regional equivalent).
The Chaos Run DLC includes a badass dose of all-new goodies, including two new Battle-Cars (Ripper and Grog), 12 new Decals (six for each new vehicle), and several new Paint Types, Wheels, Rocket Trails, Toppers, and Antennas.
Psyonix is also simultaneously-releasing a FREE new arena entitled “Wasteland.” Based on the popular map from the original Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars, Wasteland is the first “non-regulation” Rocket League stadium to hit the game -boasting a completely-sloped perimeter, entirely different Boost placements, and a much more prominent, physically-wider pitch. It’s the first of many “unusual” map designs Psyonix plans to introduce as the game continues to grow.
Several other FREE items, including new music from Kevin Riepl and new community-driven Garage items are also slated to appear.
The New Rocket League Chaos Run DLC Includes:
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies (PS4) and Achievements (Steam)
The Rocket League Free Update Includes:
- The new, non-standard “Wasteland” Arena
- New, post-apocalyptic theme music, “Scorched Earth,” by Kevin Riepl
- Several new Garage item surprises