Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, announced today that its popular ‘soccer-meets-driving’ hit, Rocket League, will officially arrive on Xbox One in February 2016 via the [email protected] self-publishing program. Fully optimized for the all-in-one console, the Xbox One version of Rocket League will contain all the same features, upgrades, and content found in the PlayStation4 and Steam versions, plus several significant additions – including two Xbox One-exclusive Battle-Cars, the Halo”HogSticker,” an alternate version of the famous Warthog Force Application Vehicle, and the Gears of War “Armadillo,” an Armored Personnel Carrier.
In addition to today’s Xbox One announcement, Rocket League also received top honors in The Game Awards, where it was nominated for Best Multiplayer Game, Best Independent Game, and Best Sports/Racing Game, and won for:
- Best Independent Game
- Best Sports/Racing Game
For the equivalent price of the PS4 and PC versions, the Xbox One version is loaded with exclusives and bonuses. In addition to the base game,Rocket League will come bundled with all three previously-released DLC packs -Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and the newest add-on, Chaos Run -at no additional cost. The Xbox One version will also include multiple exclusive customization items (details to be revealed at a future date), the same continued support and DLC planned for the other systems, and 44 Achievements for 1,000 GS.
Though the Back to the Future Car Pack is not included as part of the Xbox One package, it will be available for purchase as day-one DLC.
“Our goal with Rocket League is to continually improve, grow, and evolve the game while keeping its core fundamentals in focus,” said Dave Hagewood, Studio Director and CEO, Psyonix. “With our new Xbox One version, fans will not only get some great exclusives and a great value, but also, the kind of multiplayer gameplay that has made Rocket League a great passion for our players and for us.”
The Xbox One version of Rocket League includes:
- Exclusive Battle-Cars: 16 Cars + 2 Xbox One Exclusives (the Halo”HogSticker,” an alternate version of the Warthog, and the Gears of War”Armadillo”)
- Garage Customization items: More than 400 different pieces, including Paint Types, Wheels, Rocket Trails, Antennas, and Toppers
- Maps: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland (with multiple variants of most of those maps)
- Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online, Ranked and Unranked Play, Special Mutator-Themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
- Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), Offline Season Mode
- More Features: Replay Viewer, Customizable controls, “Mutator” game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc., etc.)