The Esports Championship Series (ECS), a ground-breaking esports initiative founded by FACEIT and supported by Twitch, the world’s leading social video platform and community for gamers, announced a new initiative and competition for hopeful new casting talent.
The Development League kicks off this Friday and will be running until the end of September with some of the world’s top professional teams playing against talented open qualifier teams for a chance to make it to ECS Season 2. To build upon the goal of developing great opportunities in esports, the ECS has opened up an exciting new competition to develop new casting talent alongside the Development League with the Community Caster Challenge.
Registered casters and casting teams will be given the chance to stream the opening weeks of the development league, receiving promotion, highlights, support and in some cases stream hosting from FACEIT, ECS, Twitch and the ECS Partners. The grand prize for two talented casters will be an invite to the FACEIT studios at IMG in London to cast ECS Season 2 matches.
For solo casters and for two person casting teams looking to be the next Dan Kapadia and James Bardolph, they will need to follow the requirements below to register for evaluation:
To be eligible for the Community Caster Challenge streamers must:
- Provide full information listed below in an email to [email protected]with “Community Caster Challenge” in the subject line
- Full name
- Twitch link
- Other social links
- Use official ECS Development League Community Caster Challenge overlay (which can be downloaded “http://cdn.csgoleague.com/ecs-ccc-graphics-package-4f5f6.zip”)
- Provide clear advertising breaks for sponsors (videos can be downloaded at the same link)
- Accept invite to ECS Community Caster Challenge Twitch team –https://www.twitch.tv/team/ecscasterchallenge and share stats
- Stream Development League matches (the more you stream the more will be seen)
- Stream in English
- Tweet link to channel when live using: #ECSCCC and to @ecsleague
“The Community Caster Challenge offers a great chance for up and coming talented casters to receive significant exposure commentating a huge league” said James Bardolph, Creative Director of FACEIT Media. “Show us what you’re made of and maybe you’ll find yourself sitting next to us in the FACEIT studio”.
The ECS Development League starts on Friday, September 9th.