Independent video game developer and publisher, Psyonix, has announced that the Tournaments Update for Rocket League will officially go live on April 3 on all platforms (pending first party certifications). Besides the much-anticipated addition of the Tournaments feature, which allows players to create tournaments without leaving the game, the update will also introduce a number of quality of life improvements including Nintendo Switch performance and visual quality updates. For a closer look at Tournaments, Psyonix also revealed a brand new Tournaments Inside Look video today.
Other notable content in the Tournaments Update includes:
- Connection Quality Information – New notification icons that will signal the types of online connection issues during online matches to better troubleshoot issues
- Enhanced Garage Options – New item stacking, filtering, searching, and sorting options
- Expanded Team Customization – More shades have been added to the primary colour palette for Battle-Cars and players will now have the choice to “Equip to Blue” and “Equip to Orange” for painted car bodies
- Audio Improvements – Crowd audio has been tweaked to better react to saves, goals, and important plays, and the soundtrack will now be available to play during online and offline matches
- Samurai Battle-Car – New Import Battle-Car available as a limited-drop inside the new Triumph Crate