Two months after Syder Arcades arrival on Steam, developer Studio Evil and publisher Meridian4 released the first update for the game today. The new content is a free Steam exclusive for a limited time, and already available to download.
A new playable ship, The Overseer, joined the three already available: fast and deadly in combat, heavily relies on wraiths for damage and survivability and unleashes a powerful shockwave that destroys enemy bullets.
Two new challenge levels are now playable. The Lighthouse, where you are called to defend the last bastion of Miza against a brutal pirate assault and the Ice Canyon, a race against time on the frozen moon of Ymir.
New Steam achievements have been added, together with a powerup born from a special collaboration. If you also own Unepic on Steam, some of the in-game pods will be transformed into cute, pixelated Baby Dragons from UnEpic. A similar surprise happens playing UnEpic with both games in the Steam library.
Update 1.6 Changelog
New Version: LINUX
BAM! Yes. Also consider it almost a beta.
New Playable Ship: The Overseer
The last of the Amgarr race free of the influence of the Keepers, the Overseer has joined the Mizan forces to avenge her lost people and destroy the common foe.
In combat the overseer is fast and deadly, but has low armor and very short shield on her special weapon.
She heavily relies on wraiths for damage and survivability. Her special weapon builds up quicker then the other ships, but has to be properly timed to maximize its potential.
Primary Fire: Particle Beams
Her ancient bio-core emits twin beams of hypercharged particles able to disintegrate both biotech and human armor.
Special weapon: Wraiths
Focusing her fury, the Overseer unleashes a powerful shockwave that destroys enemy bullets and summons psy-wraiths of her fallen brothers.
Psy wraiths follow the overseer and can be used as cover or as a weapon to destory her enemies.
New powerup: Drone Pods
Summons 3 armored drones to fight on your side
New SPECIAL powerup: UnEpic Baby Dragons
If you also own Unepic on Steam, some of your pods (both drones and overseer wraiths) will be transformed into cute, pixelated Baby Dragons from UnEpic.
Baby Dragons are tough and shoot fireballs. In space.
Also, you should check your UnEpic game too. If you own Syder Arcade, you can have a WASP from Syder as a pet 🙂
New challenge level: the Lighthouse
Defend the last bastion of Miza against a brutal pirate assault
New challenge level: the ice canyon
Race against time on the frozen moon of Ymir
New Achievement: in less than twelve parsecs
Reach top 15% of the ice canyon leaderboard
New Achievement: piracy is not the problem
Reach top 15% of the lighthouse leaderboard
New Achievement: you dont’ have to be pretty to kick ♥♥♥
Complete the campaign with the Overseer
Changes and fixes
– top high score achievements are now granted to players reaching the top 15% instead of only the first one
– changed visuals of Mule bullets and generic side/rear shot weapons
– Grinder fire has now more intense bursts, but an increased pause between attacks
– Grinder bullets are now slower, but have slightly better homing
Jelly spores were uninteresting, so we changed them a bit.
– Jelly spores are bigger, on average
– Jelly spores have slightly less health
– When killed jelly spore may release a slowing jelly bullet that dies after few seconds
– Slow amount when colliding with a jelly spore has been reduced by 50%
– Spike spore bullets are now sligthly slower
– Bio-Warheads fire rate increased
– Stingers shoot earlier once on screen
– Stingers fire rate has been reduced
– Stinger Aces shoot earlier once on screen
– Stinger Aces rotation speed is now slower
– Stinger Aces bullets are slower
– Stinger Aces fire sligltly less bullets per burst
– Stinger Aces have 5% less health
– Stinger Aces are now worth 200 points instead of 150
– Pirate turrets pause a little bit longer between bursts
– Player ship no longer collides with allied units.
– the road not taken:
– asteroids are now worth 50% of their score
– starship down:
– allied gunships are now closer to the vertical center of the level
– unifinished business:
– small changes to destructable obstacles and powerup placement
– allied fleet advance is now faster
– the storm:
– boss wave spawn does not drop score powerups anymore. No more farming that last boss on Pure 😛
– scout score value has been decreased
– scout bullet starting speed has been decreased