Minecraft 1.7.7 Changelog:
- Minecraft Realms improvements
- Other players can now be given OP status
- Updated UI – Screenshot
- Added support for the new skin system
- Skins and capes are now distributed by servers as signed URLS, duplicate skins no longer need to be downloaded twice
- Skin server outages will occur less frequently and have less impact
- Skin changes will no longer require client restarting, at worst re-logging will update the skin for everybody
- Added support for name changing
- User lists are now based on UUID
- Added and changed some minor things
- ‘Field of View’ can now be set as low as 30
- Fixed some bugs
- Fixed stuck Arrows, when landing a second time, behaving as if they had landed in the block at the coordinates they were initially stuck on, allowing for destruction of Bedrock, duplication of TNT and changing of data values
- Fixed /save-all causing lag spikes on larger maps
- Fixed the ‘report to Mojang’ button in the Broadcast settings linking to the old bug tracker
- Fixed the “replace” directive in sounds.json not working
- Fixed some crashes
Mojang said on their website:
Update: We have released version 1.7.7 with an important bugfix to fix some server crashes.Version 1.7.7 is now officially released. This version contains some bugfixes, a few updates to make Realms even better than it already is and prepares Minecraft for the renaming feature that will eventually allow you to rename your player. The renaming feature will not be available right now, but this is an important step towards it. We have also changed the internal handling of player skins to make use of our new, improved skin servers.
Unfortunately the 1.7.6 and newer versions are not compatible with 1.7.5 (or earlier) servers. Please update your servers to 1.7.7, this is also an important step to prepare them for the upcoming 1.8 release. Servers should automatically update all player profiles to the new format, but please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.7.7 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.
Because this is important, let me repeat that last sentence:
Please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.7.7 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.
You can find more information about the 1.7.6 update in the frequently asked questions section of our previous post.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.7.7/minecraft_server.1.7.7.jar
Report bugs here:
- Minecraft issue tracker!
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams