DrinkBox Studios is bringing the highly anticipated Super Turbo Championship Edition of its award-winning action-platformer to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system today in North America and tomorrow in Europe. The game will also be available worldwide tomorrow for the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, via the ID@Xbox self-publishing program; the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition features a bevy of new content, including an extended story with new game areas, a new boss character, powerful new player abilities and many other enhancements. The luchador brawler is rated E10+ (Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB and will be available at an SRP of $14.99/£11.99/€13.99 across all platforms.
New Features for the Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Include:
- Expanded Story – An expanded version of the game that includes new content and all add-on content from the original
- New Game Areas – Players can ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss – Face off against the deadly Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, who helps the evil Carlos Calaca build his dastardly skeleton armies
- New Abilities – Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode and dish out scrambled pain with powerful Chicken Bombs. Plus, swap dimensions independently in co-op play using the new Shadow Swap ability.
- New Enemies – Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
“Since we first introduced Guacamelee! we’ve been overwhelmed by the fantastic response from the community.” said Ryan MacLean, Co-Founder of DrinkBox Studios. “The Super Turbo Championship Edition brings the solid gameplay and vibrant art that fans fell in love with and enhances it with new content and features we’ve always wanted to get in to the game.”
Set in and around a small village in Mexico, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead. Inspired by Mexican folklore, players take control of a down-on-his luck wrestler named Juan Aguacate, as he fights through hordes of undead enemies and skeleton henchmen to stop the evil Carlos Calaca from gaining ultimate power by sacrificing the beautiful “El Presidente’s Daughter”. The game also contains chickens.