- More stuff because I’m afk
- Added an invisible solid block
- Can transfer redstone signals and allows blocks to be placed on it
- Powered activator rails will now shake minecarts, likely causing riders to dismount
- Updated mobs to the new AI
- Slimes now swim
- Copying written books will now mark them as copies/copies of copies
- Copies of copies can not be copied
- GUI (code) improvements
- A gamemode for spectators
- No inventory access
- Seeing invisible players with nametag
- Watching from entities’/players’ POV (player POV does not include their GUI yet)
- Noclip – you can’t stop flying
- Spectators can’t interact with the world and vice-versa: mob spawning and mob spawners are not affected by spectators
- /gamemode 3 or /gamemode spectator
- Maybe: Visible health/armor bar on all players, maybe seeing players’ GUI when spectating from their POV
- Spectating from mobs’ POV will affect how you see the world
- Noclip animation
- Fixed some bugs
- Fixed the ‘Cancel’ button being misplaced when joining Realms world
- Fixed @a, @e, and any UUID references working incorrectly after a player dies
- Fixed items & blocks placed in item frames being rendered incorrectly
- Fixed items on the ground not rendering properly
- Fixed two blocks tall flowers variants not generating
- Maybe: Fixed odd-width paintings being offset to the side
Mojang said on their website:
One day this piece of text will contain some really important information that could change the fate of Humanity, and nobody would know because nobody reads this text anyway. Oh, sorry, what was that? Snapshot? Oh right yes of course! Here we go:
Notable additions for survival:
- Book copying mechanics has been altered to differentiate the original & copies of books
- Activator rails can eject entities from Minecarts
Notable additions for mapmakers:
- Added a spectator gamemode (/gamemode spectator). Not 100% finished.
- Spectators cannot be seen by anybody but other spectators
- Spectators can view inventories/etc, but not modify them
- Spectators can go through any entity or block without interfering with it
- Spectators can click on entities to take their camera
- Spectators cannot use items, place blocks, destroy blocks or interact with blocks in any way
- Spectators are only slightly buggy maybe sometimes
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-38944] – Joining Realms World “Cancel” Button Mis-Placed
- [Bug MC-44521] – @a, @e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- [Bug MC-45050] – /fill … skull | Hitbox Bug
- [Bug MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don’t get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- [Bug MC-45453] – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- [Bug MC-45470] – Items don’t render on the ground properly
- [Bug MC-45478] – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don’t replant them
- [Bug MC-45492] – Transparent blocks are much darker
- [Bug MC-45554] – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- [Bug MC-45763] – Some blocks are facing the wrong way if placed in an Item Frame
- [Bug MC-45764] – Map will not show in item frame
- [Bug MC-45795] – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- [Bug MC-45847] – /summon Villager Farmer NBT tag canPickUpLoot will default to 0
- And many more that weren’t on the bug tracker so we couldn’t mark them as fixed! Did I mention please report bugs? Thanks.
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog). Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/14w05a/minecraft_server.14w05a.jar
Report bugs here:
- Minecraft issue tracker!
// The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams