The new CSGO update has added Operation Hydra and made changes to the UMP.
The UMP now has a reduced damage at range to bring it more inline with other SMGs. The Operation Hydra has introduced a lot of different new features, some of our favourites are new 2v2 matches, war games and Valve headshot only deathmatches. Find out more information about Operation Hydra here.
- Operation Hydra Events – unique game modes that are available for a week at a time:
- WAR GAMES: a set of twists on classic gameplay, including a special heavy armor, low-gravity sniping, team deathmatch, and more.
- WINGMAN: 2v2 competitive match on single-bombsite maps, a quick best-of-16 rounds, and a special Wingman skill group.
- WEAPONS EXPERT: Once you buy a weapon, you can’t buy it again for the rest of the match. 5v5 best-of-30 match with a special Weapons Expert skill group.
- Four new and three returning community-created maps, featured in weekly Hydra Events and available in regular matchmaking for casual and competitive play.
- Austria, Shipped, Lite, Thrill, Agency, Insertion, Black Gold.
- Operation Hydra All Access Pass ($5.99) includes:
- Guardian Mission campaign, with 30 missions that can be completed (and replayed) at your own pace.
- Access to Operation weapon drops and the new Operation Hydra Case.
- Operation Hydra Challenge Coin upgradable to the new Diamond level.
- Operation Hydra Journal that tracks your stats and provides friends leaderboards.
- Increased fidelity of 3rd person weapon sounds when HRTF is enabled.
- Made minor mix adjustments.
- Reduced the UMP45 damage at range to bring the weapon more in line with the SMG category (rangemodifier reduced from .85 to .75).
- Players no longer respawn when upgrading to a bonus weapon in Deathmatch.
- Added support for hostage maps in Demolition (for local/community servers.)
- Improved radar spotting when mp_teammates_are_enemies is enabled.
- Made Zeus show in pistol holster for players with a Zeus and no pistol.
- Fixed bullets not penetrating “teammates” when mp_teammates_are_enemies is enabled. (Thanks ALH-R!)
- Changed sv_disable_motd: default changed to 1.
- Changed convar mp_free_armor settings: 0 = none, 1 = kevlar, 2 = kevlar + helmet.
- Tweaked layouts of the following maps to better fit War Games and Wingman: Safehouse, StMarc, Lake, and Bank.
- Moved CT spawn forward.
- Added a bench at A for easier T access.
- Fixed clip brushes poking through top flight of tunnel stairs.
- Added clips to some lamp posts where player could get stuck.
- Adjusted fade distances on some props.
- Fixed visible nodraw seen from arch.
- Added new map for Guardian and 2vs2 mode.
- Added new map for Flying Scoutsman mode.