InSomnia pitches the player in a dark and damp, deliciously retro-futuristic space station (“The Ark”) on its 400-year journey in search of a new home. Several centuries earlier, war-torn Noman survivors boarded the Ark to flee their planet and escape the conflict between the Republic of Noma and the SORG Regime.
Most of InSomnia takes place inside the gargantuan, half-deserted vessel—which is slowly making its way toward the elusive Evacuation Point. If the Ark fails to reach the Evacuation Point, billions of Nomans will have died in vain.
InSomnia aims to immerse the player in rich storylines that are updated regularly. The game will ship with 15-20 hours of main storyline plus 20-30 hours of side quests (first season/year). More than 20 free chapters are planned after release, with 3-6 hours of gameplay each.
- Go it alone or assemble a crew: Pick between being a lone wolf in single-player mode or going for co-op with friends and family.
- Fight in real time: Develop your character through tactical real-time combat—combining hundreds of skills and abilities.
- Prove your worth: Survive starvation, extreme weather, and serious injuries.
- Free your mind: Break free from leveling systems, character classes, and tedious grind.
- Embrace the unpredictable: Expect the unexpected with randomly-generated events and missions that keep things interesting.
- Solve the puzzle: Embark on non-linear quests and missions with several possible solutions.
Explore the world as a warrior—or hide in the shadows as an outcast. Perhaps you’ll be a charismatic leader—or maybe you’ll become an apex predator with bloodshot eyes and a thrill for the kill. Either way, you will have to muster the strength to survive in order to find out why mankind has embarked on such a risky journey through uncharted space.